Thursday, February 4, 2010

Should I take the Fall semester off from college to work for the Obama Campaign?

If I miss this next semester, I would have to go to school during the following summer to be able to graduate on time. I love college, and would hate to miss it, but I feel like the opportunity to work for a candidate like Barack Obama may not come around again. Sure there will be other elections, but not one that generates this much excitement. And its not really a big deal if i miss a semester, is it?Should I take the Fall semester off from college to work for the Obama Campaign?
Damn the torpedos! Do it.





Years from now it will be seen like working for the JFK campaign.





History knocks once in life. You may have other great opportunities, but you will never have this particular opportunity again.





Mark Cuban is a billionaire I think. What if he had never taken the step to broadcast Indiana U basketball on line? He'd be making 30K a year somewhere. You have to try to succeed.





One thing I would tell you is to tell everyone and their dogs that you WILL finish up that last semester come hell or high water in January. The desire not to look like a liar will get you back in college to finish up.





Additionally... If the fed raises the interest rate to stem inflation, the economy goes in the toilet for at least a year. 6 months on the Obama campaign. 6 Months in college. Out right as the economy picks up...





Once in a lifetime chance. Little downside. No brainer to me.Should I take the Fall semester off from college to work for the Obama Campaign?
I am thinking about the same thing. You will probably learn more working for the campaign, or on the election, than you will during the semester at school. You can also do both, go to college, take a lighter schedule, and work on the campaign in your free time.
Yes, drop out of school! That is what Obama would like you to do so it looks like non-college educated working class people support him. You are totally right, the opportunity will not come around again because after he loses this time he will never be the democratic nominee again!
If you really want to do something good for your country, and help people who are really in need, then the best option would be to join the Marine Corps or Army. They might instill in you a bit of appreciation for the sacrifices of others, for a real cause.
You would have to be out of your mind to drop out of college to work on a political campaign.





If you want to work on the campaign in your spare time that is one thing but to drop out for a semester is crazy.
I like the Obama campaign too but I would suggest finish up the semester.





I did this passed spring and I'm glad its over!, you will want to be over with school once this political season comes to an end in November.
I'll just say, if I were your mother, I would be extremely angry if you took off a semester of college. To me, you education would be so much more important.
No. He is going to lose no matter what you do.


Help the homeless or some other community service.
Now that would be a big waste of time.The sucker won't win.
Don't let book learning interfere with you education (M Twain)
Sure you should....why not ...your probably never go back if he's elected though to go on welfare!
Naw, it'd be a big waste of time.
Your asking people in here about your Future?





Yea go ahead..
no, school is way more important!
If you believe in it, then I say do it. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity and you will gain life experience you can't get in college.

No comments:

Post a Comment