Friday, February 12, 2010

What happens if Hillary Clinton can't pay back her campaign debt?

I especially don't understand how she's allowed to ';loan'; her campaign money but she needs to pay it back. If she for some reason can't pay it back, what happens? Campaign finance reform confuses the bejesus out of me!What happens if Hillary Clinton can't pay back her campaign debt?
I'm not sure, but I don't think she HAS to pay back the loan she made to her campaign. Mit Romney loaned his campaign much more, I think, and there's no talk of him having fundraisers to recoup that. Meanwhile, they say bloomberg is rich enough to completely finance his own third candidate bid.





But to answer the rest of your question... I can only imagine it all depends on where she got portions of the money from and how patient they are. They're probably pretty patient and she will get it paid off pretty soon.





Worse comes to worse I imagine her and bill could just pay for it out of their pocket. They aren't bankrupt, far from it.





Again, I'm no expert.

No comments:

Post a Comment